Wednesday, March 16, 2011

IDEE

All things considered, I think that I did relatively well on my midterm. I was hoping for an A; however a B will suffice because I still have an A in the class. I think it would help to prepare an outline for the final at least a week in advance so that I can revise it however I see fit. For the midterm I made outlines for both of my essays two days before. This was poor planning on my behalf, because it did not give me time to revise and plan out my essays.  One thing that I think that greatly needed improvement was my analysis of the music. Thinking back to my midterm I now realize that I did not include very many technical terms in regards to the pieces I was analyzing, but I instead focused on the way in which the musical pieces as a whole affect the individual.
I’m not sure if the new format is going to be beneficial for me.  Being held accountable for two cultures as opposed to four is nice; however I did not feel that it was very difficult memorizing all of the pieces from each culture. I feel that my concluding comparison paragraphs may have been a little brief, but I also believe that, for the most part I successfully utilized them.  One thing that I think will make the final easier is the fact that we don’t have to focus heavily on the three themes. That was the one thing that I found very difficult.
Last week’s lab was useful. I think it helped me see where I need improvement. Like I said before, I believe that my essays fell a bit short when it came to analyzing the art and music. I need to remember to discuss the technical and formal elements of each piece, and then find a way in which I can relate such elements to the themes and concepts. 
Words: 326

No comments:

Post a Comment